Terms and Conditions
Parental Clock assignments
The Shooters 3 on 3 program relies on parent volunteers to coach, manage the dressing room, and run the clock. The Shooters referees have all been taught how to run set the clock up so that the horn will sound every 57 seconds.
Parents are required to start the clock at the beginning of the game, stop and then restart the clock for penalties as per the rules and regulations as stated on the Shooters 3 on 3 website, and adjust the score throughout the game……..That’s it.
In order to be fair we will be asking the coaches to assign games to parents throughout the season. If a parent is assigned a game and cannot meet this commitment it is the parents responsibility to:
- Find a replacement to run the clock.
- Notify the coach who the replacement will be and provide a contact phone number for the replacement.
Shooters rely on volunteers to keep our program costs down and would like to thank all the parents for participating in the program this way.
NOTE: There are instructions to set up the clock specifically for the Shooters 3 on 3 at each timekeepers box.
In the event that a referee is running late and a parent needs to set up the clock please follow the directions to ensure that it is set for the buzzer to sound every 57 seconds
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Shooters 3 on 3 Hockey program athletic/sports program, related events and Shooters 3 on 3 activities, the subscriber acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Shooters 3 on 3 their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event Spray Lakes Sawmills Family Sports Centre, the Cochrane Arena, and the Town of Cochrane, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Shooters 3on3 will strive to accommodate friend requests where possible. In an average year we receive approximately 150 friend requests. Our primary goal in assigning players to a team is to ensure a competitive balance. Friend requests are in no way guaranteed. Further, if player movement is necessary during the season to establish a competitive balance friends may need to be separated, These decisions are at the sole discretion of Shooters 3on3 Directors.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releases, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releases from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.
The subscriber confirms registration of the participant in the Shooters 3 on 3 hockey program and that he/she has read and understood the above waiver and agree to abide by the conditions it sets out.